Guardians of the Veil RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One More Portrait (HP fanfic DH spoilers)

3 posters

Go down

One More Portrait (HP fanfic DH spoilers) Empty One More Portrait (HP fanfic DH spoilers)

Post  Yasmine Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Ok, a Luna/Dean romace fic. Come on! It's practically canon in DH!

Anyway, it follows and uses lines from canon, so it will contain spoilers. Told from Luna's point of view.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4514883/1/One_More_Portrait

The title won't make sense until the end, chapter 5 will probably be up tomorrow. Or maybe today, it's almost finished.

Last edited by Yasmine on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yasmine
Yasmine
Fire Guardian

Female Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

One More Portrait (HP fanfic DH spoilers) Empty Re: One More Portrait (HP fanfic DH spoilers)

Post  Yasmine Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Finished chapter 5. Took me all of 2 minutes.

“Luna, Luna…”

My eyelids flickered open, sleepily, Dean was still beside me, holding a fresh mug of tea, which he pressed into my hands. “You fell asleep, come and sit at the table,”

We huddled around the table, sipping, although it burnt my throat. I acknowledged Harry, Ron and Hermione made their way pass us, apparently in deep discussion.

The next day was heaven. The one speck one silver lining in the grey cloud of the disaster the year had been. I could tell that Bill and Fleur wanted us out of the house, Dean and I volunteered to get some driftwood.

Well, we didn’t do that ‘till later.

We sat on the cliffside – away from the cottage. It was a little sandy, and there was lots of sea lavender around. I sniffed in the scents of it, and the salty sea, the air and the… rain?

Oh, it just had to happen, I thought to myself. But the rain didn’t make things worse. Sure, it was cold, but refreshing. And the drops splattered onto my face, I smiled, I giggled.

“Come on,” smiled Dean, extending his hand. I took it and he lifted me up. He pointed to a steep little path, which led down to the little cove and the sea. We ran – my skirt billowing, both of us grinning like mad. It was something out of a film, Dean described it later on. (He had to describe to me what a film was after saying that.) The path was slippery and sand, but we managed to get down to the ground in one piece, well, saying that, I tripped and fell into the sand, Dean falling on top of me. He said that part wasn’t like in a film, because he almost squashed me. He rolled off, still chuckling away, our hands still clasped.

“You know, I always thought that you thought I was…odd,” I said.

“Not you,” he replied, “Just some of the things you said. If it wasn’t for you, I would have had no partner in Dumbledore’s Army.”

This was true. Since Seamus didn’t join for ages, and people ignored me, Dean was my partner.

“But what about Ginny, Ginny’s my friend,” this was totally unrelated to the conversation, but Dean still understood what I meant.

“She’s with Harry now, and Harry’s my friend. I don’t mind. Ginny never really liked me anyway.”

I must have pulled a face.

“You’re much more interesting, nicer, and a whole lot prettier, too,”

I squirmed, “No I’m not. Loads of boys liked Ginny.”

“You are, Luna, look,” he got up and pulled me up gently as well. Dean took his shoes and socks off, left them by a rock, and rolled his sandy trousers up. I slipped my shoes off, too, and Dean led me into the sea. I could just about make out our reflection. Dean clasped his fingers around mine and pointed at my watery reflection, “You’re beautiful, see?”

I blushed a rosy red and laid my head on his shoulder.

The waves frothed around my feet, the tips of white touching my tattered skirt. I wanted to pause the picture there. Dean, and me standing in the sea, no one to hurt us. I half-expected some Death Eaters to come and spoil the scene. But they don’t want us. I zoned out and stared beyond the sea until my eyes blurred. I almost missed it!

That’s when Dean kissed me. It sounds cliché, but that’s how it happened. My hair plastered to my face and his hair had gone frizzy. It was sweet, but long, but I felt comfortable. When we eventually stopped – and believe me – I didn’t want to - I gasped.

“Maybe we should actually go and collect some firewood,”

My face flushed a million different shades of pink.

“Maybe we should,” I replied.
Yasmine
Yasmine
Fire Guardian

Back to top Go down

One More Portrait (HP fanfic DH spoilers) Empty Re: One More Portrait (HP fanfic DH spoilers)

Post  Admin Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:48 pm

I just finished reading it! I was really good. I went "Aw..." at the kiss - the perfect beginning for Luna and Dean's romance. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Admin
Admin
Lead Guardian

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-09-20

http://guardiansoftheveil.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Hay Lin Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:57 am

It's good..It's just..It doesn't seem like Luna. She's all dreamy and weird,And the Luna you're writing about doesn't seem to be like that.

Sorry.
Hay Lin
Hay Lin
Air Guardian

Female Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:13 pm

Hm...that's true. She doesn't really seem "loony".
Admin
Admin
Lead Guardian

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-09-20

http://guardiansoftheveil.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Yasmine Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:53 am

Maybe so. During DH, after Bill and Fleur's wedding, I think she 'serioused' up slightly a bit.
Yasmine
Yasmine
Fire Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum