Guardians of the Veil RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snatched (Action Romance)

2 posters

Go down

Snatched (Action Romance) Empty Snatched (Action Romance)

Post  Admin Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:22 pm

(This can also be found on Disney'sWITCH. Please don't copy any part of it!)

Snatched isn't a W.I.T.C.H. fan fiction, but it's a story that I'm working on.

It's about a girl (Alice) whose best friend (Angela) is dating her crush (Jared). Alice has loved Jared since she was 11, but she pretends to hate him because she doesn't want to betray Angela. But little do they know, Jared is a target of a gang who is intent on killing him. Angela is kidnapped by the gang and Jared and Alice have to go find her. It's an action romance type of story...It sounds stupid, doesn't it?

But anyway...here's the first part, which starts as a dream (so it's going to be in present tense).

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Lead Guardian

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-09-20

http://guardiansoftheveil.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Snatched (Action Romance) Empty Re: Snatched (Action Romance)

Post  Admin Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:23 pm

1. Running

I am running in the wrong direction. Running away from the dazzling light of hope. Running into the dark abyss of pain and despair. Running into death’s impatient arms.

I can hear the ragged, uneven breathing of my pursuer as he struggles to catch up. It’s too quiet. I can hear his feet pound against the ground. I can even hear the faint beating of his heart, quickening whenever I push myself to go faster.

“There is no escape,” he says in a surprisingly clear voice. I feel his hot breath on the back of my neck. He is close by. So why hasn’t he seized me yet? But I already know the answer to my question. He speaks the truth. There is no end to death’s dark, winding road. He is patiently waiting for me to stop. Waiting for the slightest hint of defeat. But I refuse to give him the satisfaction of winning. I know he has already won. But I do not stop running.

The heat of pursuit disappears. My pursuer is slowing down. He cannot catch up. Yet I continue running, not slowing down for a second. My lungs scream in protest. I taste blood. But I continue to run blindly. I see nothing. I feel nothing – only pain. My foot slips over a loose rock. I crash to the ground with an ominous echo. The sound betrays me. Before I can even stand up, my pursuer reaches me, cackling madly.

Gruff hands seize me and drag me away from all I know.

“Angela? Jared?” I weakly call out. There is no reply. I do not expect one, but I am ready to hear the frantic voices of the people I love, ready to be rescued. Hope…It clings onto me. I smile. I cannot remember the last time I had hoped.

Sudden pain rips through my back as if it’s on fire. I try to scream. But I can’t make a sound. The hope I had felt before disappears quickly. As I continue to be dragged away, I cry. No one knows. No one knows I am gone…Fading like the wind….

I try to make one last call for help. I choke.

I am swallowed by eternal darkness.

(I know it's not really good, so suggestions will be very much appreciated!)
Admin
Admin
Lead Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Yasmine Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:00 pm

I commented on DW but..

I love it! Reminds me of Stephenie Meyer's writing style.
Yasmine
Yasmine
Fire Guardian

Female Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Thanks Yas!

Chapter 2 is nowhere near finished and it's a bit lengthy. I probably will post it in parts, or it'll get too long and boring to read if I post the entire chapter at once.

Here's what I have so far of chapter 2:

2. Convinced (Part One)

My hands automatically swept across my sweating forehead as I jerked up from my bed. I vaguely remembered a dream. I had not dreamed for a very a long time. I struggled to remember what happened in my nightmare. It had seemed so vivid, but the details were trickling away like quicksand. It had just been a regular nightmare, I tried to convince myself. Yet I felt as if my dream had some sort of significance, but I remembered nothing. Only everlasting darkness....

A loud obnoxious beeping issued from my alarm clock. I twitched slightly from the sound and groped for the off switch I couldn’t find. Grumbling, I threw off the warm comfort of my blanket and hopped off my bed onto the cold wooden floor. I unplugged the alarm clock and unceremoniously threw it into my closet, where it landed in a pile of dirty laundry. I crossed my bedroom to the window and pulled the heavily shut blinds. I squinted, ready for blinding light, but none came.

Instead, a thin layer of snow blanketed the front yard and the world beyond. The sky was thick with dark clouds; little sunlight would be able to push itself through that. My nose twitched. The first day of summer had brought snow. So much for the sunny weather forecast. I silently cursed the weather people as changed into a layer of thick clothing.

After heading to the kitchen, I threw a silent fit when I found out there wasn’t any orange juice left. I poured myself a glass of milk, warm because my little sister had forgotten to put it back in the fridge last night.

I curled up on the living room sofa and relived yesterday’s disaster: High school graduation.
Admin
Admin
Lead Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum